Last Updated on
One of the most rewarding things in the world of blogging is getting noticed for your passion and hard work. It is especially rewarding when other bloggers take time to read your content and share it as well.
When I started blogging, I joined several blog groups to try and learn and improve my skills. Turns out it is so much more than that. It is this fantastic community of bloggers that not only help answer questions but support and motivate each other.
This is what prevents the profession of blogging from becoming too lonely. It gives you opportunities to reach out to others who write about similar topics for feedback as well as networking and sharing each other’s work.
This is where the Sunshine Blogger Award comes in.
What Is The Award About?
The Sunshine Blogger award is recognition given to bloggers by bloggers. It is their way of saying they have taken notice of your work and find it to be inspiring. It is a positive way to acknowledge each other and highlight bloggers your follow yourself.
My Nomination and What It Means To Me
I was filled with excitement and joy when I saw my name on the nomination list from Donna at The Upward Blip. She is a blogger I follow and love, so to me getting her recognition was a big deal.
It also gave me a huge boost in my confidence about my blogging since I am still fairly new in the blog society. With this award, I see it as a sign that I am heading in the right direction and people can relate to what I write or even how I write.
This award does come with some rules, which I love because it gives me the chance to pay it forward and introduce other bloggers as well.
- Thank the person who nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog so others can find them
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts or social media
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and blog site
11 Questions From Donna at The Upward Blip
1. Why did you enter the world of blogging?
Initially, I wanting to write about my travels and share my pictures. I was pregnant when I first started thinking about blogging for fun. Then as time went, I realized I could turn it into a way to stay home and raise my son. So here I am, a former teacher now full-time mom and blogger!
2. What was your life’s turning point?
I always find this question to be so interesting. Because to me, I don’t think there is necessarily one specific turning point in one’s life. I have taken many “turns” on my life road, each one significantly changing how my life has played out to this moment. I will say my most recent one was giving birth to my firstborn.
I thought I could maintain my teaching career and raise him, but the minute we met eyes for the first time I know I could not miss any moment with him. After all, they are only little for so long. I can always get a job and make money, but I can’t get back the first years of him.
3. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“ I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question on how I view my life.”
This comes from a book I read 2 years ago and it has become one of my absolute favorites, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I will not explain why that is my favorite quote, instead, I will let you think and reflect upon it. (yep I still am a teacher at heart)
4. What is your ideal day to day routine?
My ideal routine would be to wake up, drink coffee, clean the house, work on my blog, spend the day with my son, get outside, then workout.
I’m lucky if I can get all those checked off by the end of the day. Right now mommy duty takes priority and I don’t have any problems with that.
5. What is one thing you want people to know about you?
That I am goofy as hell. I make and laugh at my own jokes. I am a kid a heart and always will be. My Star Wars collection will validate all this.
6. What is your favorite holiday?
7. What are your top 3 favorite books?
The Alchemist, The Harry Potter series ( I know its more than one book…), and Redwall by Brian Jacques. ( I grew up on his books and still love them. I can’t wait to share his books with my son)
8. What is your lifelong dream? Did you accomplish it?
My lifelong dream is to travel to Africa and go on a real safari. Honestly, I would love to have the chance to make the trek up to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
I haven’t accomplished it yet, but I am barely in my early 30’s… I have time!
9. If you had special powers, what would it be?
To shoot spaghetti noodles out of my fingers… Dane Cook anyone? Haha, actually I want the ability to teleport. Traveling would be SOOO much easier and cheaper!
10. What is your all-time favorite movie?
The Lion King. I know your thinking what?! Not Star Wars? Don’t worry, SW is my 2nd, and 3rd, and so on. But Lion King is just something I loved as a kid, probably because I am a big animal lover.
And yes even to this day I still “get dust in my eye” when Mufasa dies.
11. What is your writing pet peeve?
In terms of my writing, that my dyslexia attacks my work sometimes. Thank goodness for grammarly!
In terms of other people writing, when people “beat around the bush” and don’t get to the point. I am all for the explanation, but elaborative BS is only good in college when you have to write a 10-page lab report. (true story) haha
So Who Do I Nominate for The Sunshine Blogger Award?
This list of 11 bloggers are people from various niches. I follow them all and love what they have to share in writing and on social media. I believe they are definitely inspiring to me and worth bringing some attention to.
1. Kim- Him Me and Three
2. Jessica- Adventuring To Neverland
3. Olivia Koskela- The Occasional Nap
4. Elyte Zikas- Pulled by Gravity
5. Victoria Riddock- The Living Gracefully Blog
6. Cortney- Life Lived Fearless
7. Heather- My Kingdom of Chaos
8. Danielle- Lustre Lagoon
9. Bridget- Southern Modern Momma
10. Lauren Lim- Lim By Lim
11. Rochelle- Busy Minded Momma
My 11 Questions To The Above Nominees
- What lead you to start blogging in your particular niche?
- What was or is your biggest struggle when it comes to blogging?
- What do you find most rewarding about your blogging journey?
- Do you have a favorite hobby you like to do on the side?
- What is your idea of a relaxing day?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Do you have any irrational fears?
- Are you a morning person or night owl? Have you always been one or the other?
- What do you consider your spirit animal to be and why?
- What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
- If you were a teacher, what advice would you give to a senior about to graduate?
And there you have it folks! I want to thank Donna again for nomination and recognition.
And for those who I nominated, I just want to say I think you’re awesome at what you do! And I hope you pay it forward and brighten up another blogger’s day with this fun award.